Since the mid-1970’s, RUF remains committed to having ordained, seminary trained campus ministers, campus staff and interns serving on the college campus; gathering student groups and equipping them for a lifetime of service both in the church and in the world. From a student’s viewpoint, RUF will appear as a wide range of things:
- Large group meetings for teaching, worship and fellowship
- Small group Bible studies for connecting and deeper study
- One-on-one meetings with the campus minister, campus staff, interns, or student leadership
- Conferences both regional and national
- Service opportunities for reaching out to those in need
WHY CAMPUS MINISTERS?
What other time in life will someone be able to work through who they are in a more concentrated place than when they are in college? The obvious strategic position of campus ministry was rooted deeply in the heart of RUF’s founders.
A campus minister is a humble, teachable pastor who loves college students and shows initiative in providing ways to serve them. He enjoys the challenge of translating rooted historical truths to student life. He loves the culture, sounds, and interests of that time in life. He wants nothing more than to get to know students and bring the good news of the Gospel to bear on wherever they find themselves.